Sunday, May 11, 2008

She's my Dog, My Friend, My Companion

My dog, my true friend, my loyal companion, my German shepherd still fights on.

She didn't show much pain or discomfort, today. I hope I'm being objective. I hope that the reason I don't see too much pain or discomfort is not because I don't want to see it.

She's eating very well. And of course - what goes in, goes around, comes out after a while. So we continue on our more frequent, slow and steady walks. We don't walk too far. She rests after a few hundred yards.
She did spot a deer and jumped right up and almost tore my arm off when she leaped to chase after it. That was good to see. But she did settle right down, and we continued our short excursion.
It's good to walk with her.
She's not as vigorous as she was but I think she's got a hell of a lot of life left in her.
I'll miss her like crazy when she's gone.
She's my dog, my true friend, my loyal companion, my German shepherd.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: