Saturday, May 10, 2008

Quality Time Together, Me + My Shepherd

Having decided to spend as much time with my beloved shepherd as possible, and, of course, to make her last months (I hope she has that much time) and weeks as comfortable as I can, I've been walking her quite frequently.
Actually the steroids have made her bladder hyper-active so I always carry a bottle of water and small water-bowl. She has been drinking more than usual. We walk slowly, taking our time, going over and over again, some much travelled ground.
A dog is a dog. They follow their noses. (Yes - that's where that cliche came from.) They sniff and they hunt. Shepherds are pretty good at it. When she gets tired and sits, so do I, for as long as she needs to rest before continuing.
She feels better when we're out on one of our trails. How do I know? During the rest period, she repeatedly licks my hand and face.
That's quality time together with my dog.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: