Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mans' Best Friend

Yes, a dog is man's best friend for one pretty damn good, all-encompassing reason: and that is that there are probably hundreds of reasons; just a few;
· unwavering loyalty,
· total trust,
· consummate courage,
· forgiveness of your foibles,
· patience,
· perseverance,
· exercise.

As I try to make sure my German Shepherd gets as much exercise as possible, I, too, am getting some much needed physical activity. Whether walking between 1 and 2 miles every day or throwing a frisbee or branch for her to fetch, it helps me as much as her.
Right now, it keeps all her bodily functions running properly, her appetite and her excretions. She's slowed down a lot, but so have I. Her arthritis hampers her somewhat but she still wants to keep on walking, and therefore keep on going.

She's my best friend. I hope I'm hers in return.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: