Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I've Got to Kill My Friend

The time is very near. My loyal and trusty - and trusting - friend and companion for so many years is suffering, a lot;
She can't get comfortable, her appetite is diminishing;
medicine isn't really helping;
she's trying to go off in a corner, as if she just wanted to get away and hide;
I really believe she knows how sick she is.
As much as she has always loved the cold and snow, my dear shepherd has always absolutely hated the rain. She layed down in the rain, as if she just didn't care any more.

No matter how I look at at, I've got to kill my friend.

They say it's the right thing to do for the animal.
They say it's the humane thing to do for your pet.
They say it's our responsibility to relieve their suffering when our pet's 'quality-of-life' has almost totally disappeared.

Damn, that dog is like my child. I'd rather be euthanized myself than do it to her.

But I can no longer bear to see her suffer.
I love her too much.
It'll be very soon.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: